I am new to the godot engine so please forgive me if this is a very simple question.
So I am creating a game (2d platformer) that pretty much has the same level layout as every other level. However, each level has a trick to it. Say:
For level 1:
- flick the lever (by pressing f) and a portal opens up.
- enter the portal and go to next level (level 2)
For level 2:
- flick the lever (by pressing f) 5 times and portal opens up.
- enter the portal and go to next level (level 3)
For level 3:
- flick the lever (by clicking with mouse cursor unlike level 1 and 2) and portal opens up.
- enter the portal
So this is the layout for the game I'm developing. Problem is when I duplicate the level, the scripts (for lever, portal etc) don't seem to be "individual" to each level node. Is there a way to make it such that each level node and its sub-nodes (like the lever for level 2 having a separate script to level 1's lever)?
Thanks, and sorry again if this is a stupid question.