AnimationTree stopped working

Godot Version

Question

I am trying to learn godot by adding features and trying to improve the souls like template. I attempted to mirror animations so that the character could attack with the same sword from the left and from the left with the exact same animation but mirrored. I was experimenting with changing the animation scale to (-1,1,1) through the animation player on animations I am not using in game. I reverted the change and now animations don’t play in the game or in the 3D view of my player scene when press fire for the state machines in the animation tree viewer. I checked if it could be a code error, but changing the anim tree script to the script that is currently working inside the template changed nothing. I looked at every setting inside anim state tree and they are exactly the same. Resetting all of the exported variables that are objects such as the player or the animation player, etc. didn’t change anything either. I am out of ideas what could possibly be causing the issue. Does anyone here have anything that comes to mind that it could be? This has been very frustrating, because I have the template open right next to it, which works, but I cannot identify any difference between the two.